Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Word for the Day: Procrastination


That should actually be my moto. I was planning on blogging about this Word for the Day, yesterday....but I procrastinated! =) So, I'venot had a lot of cake stuff going on, so I took a "work/blog" break. Actually, I made another Grande cake the week after Amy's cake, but I was just so burnt out that I didn't do anything else. I was sick, had lots of Grande work, and started working out again...ugg!
On my plate this week is a Sweet Sixteen cake for a co-workers daughter. It will be my "real" first Topsy Turvy cake, since Amy's cake didn't quite happen that way! Anyway, I'd planned to start this cake Sunday night. This Sweetsixteen cake is a 3 tier Topsy Turvy covered in Fondant.....and has lots of detail. I intended to start cutting out all the fondant details Sunday, so that all I had to worry about Thursday night was baking, cooling, and crumb coating the cakes. On Friday I hoped to only have to roll out the fondant base and apply the details.

So, last night (TUESDAY), I started, but only managed to make one color fondant....I need three. I have not even started cutting my details. Typical Cyndi! I swear I work better under pressure.

BTW....I attached apic of the cake I'll be making. It is a simi-replica of a Pink Cake Box cake. That bake shope is amazing. Brianna - the Sweet Sixteen, asked her mom for this cake. We are modifing it a bit to fit their budget. I'll make sure to post my end result, too.






No comments: