Wednesday, October 1, 2008

UFC Cake: Not my best work but edible!


Posted by Picasa

So the Saturday after my husbands birthday, September 6th, we gathered at a friends house, like we always do for all UFC events. Since I'd just learned about a technique, I really wanted to try it out. I read that you can use rice paper to create a stencil, and since it is a natural fiber, it is edible. So, since it was a UFC night, and since we were meeting at James' house and he is UFC obsessed, I decide to make a UFC cake.

Now, I know what you are thinking....You could have done this free hand. True, but I didn't have time to get "all creative", so I picked a simple design. First off, I didn't take the time to trim and level my cake, so the cake is a little off shape. Second, I did not do a great job icing the cake, so the edges are not smooth and sharp. Finally, the rice paper didn't desolve into the cake.....like it was supposed to. When I re-read the site that I learned this from, I figured out that it takes like a day for it to disolve...haha....I only gave it like two hours!

Oh well, the chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream icing tasted great. I remember, though, when we were "digging" into it, my husband asking why I wasn't eating any......I was too busy shoveling down chips, queso, and salsa!

No comments: