Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Breanna's Sweet Sixteen Cake

Wow my first Topsy Turvy cake.....finally have one under my belt. As you can see from the picture, it is not quite as Topsy Turvy as the one from Pink Cake Box. The pick is at a bad angle too, so it almost looks like just an unlevel cake! I still intend to angle the cakes a lot more.
I think it turned out okay. I was not totally satisfied with the finished look, but I keep having to remind myself that this was my first of the kind. Stephen's Mom and Step-Dad where in town the night before delivery, so they got to see the transition. They seemed to like it. They were on there way to a wedding and when Linda called after the wedding, she mentioned that my cake looked better then the brides wedding cake. I'll take that compliment any day.
So, the cake itself turned out fine. The delivery was another story. I did not have it anchored down well enough, so when Stephen and I set off to deliver, the cake started shifting. We met Breanna and her Mother, Janey, and the plan was for them to drive it the rest of the way home. I just knew the cake wasn't going to make it once I put it in Janey's lap. On our way home, I started to cry and didn't stop for about an hour. I was so upset, because I thought I'd ruined her party (yes I am emotional) and because I was soooo tired. Turns out, the cake made it in relatively good shape and everything was fine. I just stressed myself out because I wanted it to be perfect.

No comments: