Friday, October 3, 2008

Fondant Fear!

Wow! I was so afraid of using fondant that I've been having mini anxiety attacks, all week. While watching the VP debate, last night, I finally started coloring and rolling my fondant to cover the tiers of Amy's cake. What was I so afraid of? My sisiter told me it was like playing with PlayDoh, and she was right. It kinda taste like it too! =)

I bought the ready made Wilton fondant on the recommendation of a Wilton.com chat room entry. The writer suggested doing a trial run with the pre-made stuff so I could get use to the texture and practice rolling and cutting it. I am making a Hallowwen cake for one of my friends sisters'. I've already asked her if she minds being my giunea pig on Mashmellow Fondant. I hear that is actually edible.

From now on, I will not Fear Fondant! Maybe Gum Paste....but not Fondant!

No comments: