Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stephen's Birthday 2008

I am a month behind on this post, since my husbands birthday was on September 1st. Oh well, Better late then never. We had a back yard BBQ on Saturday August 30th, for his birthday with all our friends, so I wanted to make his favorite cakes. Yes....two....he's spoiled. Stephen loves cheesecake and whenever we go out to eat, he generally orders rich chocolate cake...if they don't have cheesecake. Anyway, I digress....

So, for his birthday I made both. I made a New York Style Cheesecake with a graham cracker crust and fresh strawberries pureed of top. I make it often, because this is my fathers favorite too. I tried a new recipe for the chocolate cake, with some modifications. I think this is my favorite chocolate cake yet. It is very decadent but not overly sweet. I icing and filled the cake with chocolate buttercream and then glased the top with semi-sweet chocolate. Finally, I topped the cake with some chocolate covered strawberries.

I laughed hysterically when I found out that several of my friends thought the cakes were fake. Apparently, cheesecake is all my friends favorite too, because almost all of that was eaten. I did have a few takers on the chocolate cake...even Tori, my neighbor, who apparently doesn't usually like chocolate cake.

1 comment:

Stephanie Hill said...

Wow, those look fantastic. You can spoil your sister-in-law anyday.

I would love to have a good cheesecake recipe if you have one to share