Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Marissa's Topsy Turvy Geometric Sweet Sixteen Cake

This cake was a lot of fun. My girlfriend Sherri had two cake orders for me last week...during my busy week. This cake was ordered for a friend of Sherri's (Janet....our co-worker) whose daughter was turning 16. Marissa wasn't having a huge Sweet Sixteen party...just a girls slumber party, so Janet didn't want anything extravagant. Sherri pretty much left the cake up to me but just asked that the colors include Brown, Teal, and Lime Green and that it be a Strawberry flavored cake.

On the Busy Week Blog, I attached a picture of a cake I wanted to model. I loved all the geometric shapes. The decor is so different then all the other Topsy Turvy's I've been seeing lately, so this seemed like a fun choice! The main difference is that I did not want to use the blue green base color. As you can see, I used white.

I was really happy with the way this cake came out. This is only my third tiered fondant cake and my second Topsy Turvy Cake. I wish I'd taken a picture from a better angle. From this camera angle you cannot see the "Topsy Turvyness" of the cake.

I hope the birthday girl like it!

No comments: