Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Marilyns Birthday PetiteFours

Let me start by saying....These were the hardest little things I've EVER made!...... Oh My Gosh I had no idea how hard these would be, but I am glad Sherri let me make them....instead of the 60 cupcakes (haha!) The pic I attached on the last post was from a professional bakery. I only hoped to come close. These are kind of okay for my first time, but basically, I need a lot of practice if I ever want to market PetiteFours as an option. From this experience, I also learned I will need to charge a bunch more then the typical Specialty cake price per serving. You would think that making smaller items would be easier, when in fact it is ten times harder. I knew this going into it, because I know from experience that making cupcakes takes more time. Now image putting a crumb coat and final coat of buttercream on a dz mini cakes and then placing your fondant and mini fondant decor on a dz....and making them all uniform in size. I am glad these little guys were ordered by a friend.....otherwise the customer probably would never order again!

If any other friends are willing to order these for a party, I'd be happy to try again....and again....and again.......

No comments: