Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Busy Week!











I have a busy cake week! I
actually started on Sunday and have my first of three deliveries on Thursday. As you can see I have pictures of all the cakes I am working on. I love my "Customer's". So far, everyone has provided pictures from the Internet of other cakes they like/ want! It makes my life so much easier......especially when I have no idea about High School Musical! I would have had to search the Internet for ideas.

Not that you can't figure it out from the pics, but since these are just basic outlines of what I am making here is a brief description of what I am working on...


1) 2 dozen Mini-Cakes/ Petite Fours - Strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream icing, Marshmallow fondant and Fondant & Sugar Paste design .....These are a lot harder then I imaged...and I imaged a lot of work. It is just so hard to ice all the mini cakes and get smooth edges. These cakes are technically bit sized, but I cheated a little and made one dozen bite size and 1 dozen Cup Cake size. It provides the Customer with more cake....and it is easier for me to decorate. I am delivering this on Thursday.


2) Two Tier Topsy Turvy Sweet Sixteen Cake - Strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream icing, Marshmallow fondant, and fondant & Sugar Paste design. The cake with have a white base with a brown ribbon at each cake base. All the Geometric shapes will be either brown, teal, or lime green. Since it is for a 16th Birthday, I am going to make a "16" topper. This one is due Friday.


3) Two Tier Topsy Turvy High School Musical Birthday Cake - French Vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing and Marshmallow fondant and fondant and Sugar Paste design. I am probably going to follow this cake design a close as possible......since I have no clue about HSM stuff. The only major difference is that it will be Topsy Turvy!

I hope I make it thru this week, because I have a busy week next week too! Say a pray for me ~

No comments: