Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Addison's High School Musical 3 Topsy Turvy Birthday Cake

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong!

So, this cute little cake was my last of three fondant cakes. I was sooooooo tired by the time I got to this one, and everything along the way starting with my first cake of the week seemed to go wrong.

First, I tried one more time to make my own fondant....practice, practice, practice.....okay...still need more practice! =)

Second, the Mini Cake Drama....those little guys were hard and time consuming, so they ate up more time then expected.

Third, exhaustion set in. Friday I was so tired but my husband keep encouraging me to at least get in an hours worth of work....after dinner. I almost feel asleep standing up.....I wish someone would have been video taping me. I know it would have made America's Funniest Videos.

Finally, I ran out of buttercream to finish the decorations. Stephen had to run me to the grocery store so I could buy a pre-made writing tube to finish. I sooooo did not want to whip up another batch of buttercream!

Overall, I think this cake came out okay. Renee', Addison's mom, said she loved it. Hey...she's 6, she didn't realized how messy it really was!...or that I forgot to draw in the black lines on the basketball, that the delivery caused the buttercream icing decorations to get smashed a bit, etc, etc, etc...

I've learned that I still need a lot of practice with deliveries, that I probably can't handle three fondant cakes in a week, and that time management is still a problem. But....for some reason I THINK I work better under pressure! haha ~

No comments: