Monday, January 5, 2009

Pomegranate's: Who knew!


Well, I am sure a lot know......but I didn't! These are the weirdest fruit. I've always been "afraid" of these things. They looked awful to me, so I never tried them.

I finally broke down this year, because I keep hearing wonderful things about the fruit and keep finding neat recipes. Needless to say, this is me, opening my first batch of Pomegranate's. They are the most unusual, yet yummy tasting things ever! I never expected the interior fruit to be like seeds......nor did I expect them to be so sweet. How can something like this be so good. It looks like an over sized radish, for goodness sakes!

While these things were in season, I made a few Pom Cheesecakes! Interesting and popular, but not personally my cup a tea. I like my cheesecake best plain or with strawberries!

No comments: