Monday, January 5, 2009

My Dog ate my homework!

This is actually from an e-mail i sent one of my friends about one of the cakes she ordered for her parents 50th anniversary party. This happened in November.....Friday, November 21st to be exact.....sometime between 6 a.m. and 7:30 a.m..........


You know the old excuse....My dog ate my homework.....


How about my dog ate your cake! No seriously. Bo...."the canine tank" ate 1/4 of your chocolate cake! How do we know it was Bo you ask? 1) 'Cause he is ALWAYS the one that does this kind of thing....counter surfing, etc.... 2) 'Cause I found chocolate cake pieces in his spot on the bed just a few minutes ago. 3) 'Cause he is looking at me like ...."what did I do!" and Pi is not (she usually cowers or hides when she knows she did something.

I already called the vet and we walked thru what I need to watch for and what I need to do. It is probably going to be okay because there is not enough Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate to be lethal for his size....125 lbs. Plus, I am sure Pi shared a little.....whatever Bo dragged to the floor that is.....and the floor was a mess.

Okay....off to force a dog to vomit.....yuk!!!!! oh, and no worries...I'll have your chocolate cake ready for the party. Just had to share this crazy story with you!

After all was said and done, I got the anniversary cakes finished and delivered on time. The craziest part of his ordeal was actually not that Bo ate the cake. It was that he never got sick. Not even after I tried to induce vomiting. He did get very very hyper later that night. That is a whole other story, though!

Needless to say, I do not leave anything on the counter anymore. Not even for an hour!

No comments: